Saturday, December 12, 2015

Social media vs. Reality

Begin rant..... Social media has takin people's lives by storm over the decade or so and People pay more attention to Facebook, Twitter, fubar and all the other one's out there then they do there families. Im not innocent on that in anyway shape or form. Recently I realized how much time I spend on the internet checking Facebook postings or tweets on Twitter and I thought to myself "wtf am I doing?" ive been on FB for a very long 8 years. I was actually on it before people really started discovering it. We have computers in the palm of our hands (smart phones. Ipads and tablets) that causes people to ignore those around them.  Before FB I was constantly on Myspace so give or take the past 9 years have slipped past me at lighting speed. Even before that I was constantly playing poker on fulltilt poker. My son was a young 10 (almost 11) year old when I started playing poker online. Now in just a few short weeks he will be 21 and im scratching  my head trying to figure out when my son grew up and realized that I don't know my child. Why? Because like many others I was sucked into everything the Internet has to offer. Kids are messed up in the head now a days cause they haven't been raised the way we were.....  Parents outright ignore there kids cause there to busy with the noses being buried in there cells phones and or there tablets. It breaks my heart to see how messed up they are...... Life in general is so different than it was when I was growing up or pre-social media and it quickly took over my life!!
So now im forcing myself to  stay off of fb and other social media sites. What happened to the days when people hung out or spent time with there families??? Why don't people take there families out to do stuff? What happened to kids playing outside from sun up to sun down? The internet happened and its sad! Kids would rather be playing on there Xbox then be outside. Kids are getting into trouble left and right! Two different things that I have recently witnessed while doing laundry at the laundrymat....... One woman was at the laundrymat with her very young child..... This young child was trying to get her mothers attention, and the mother had her nose shoved in her cell phone and she actually screamed at her very young child for interrupting her...... Seriously? Nothing on the Internet is more important then that adorable child. I saw the look on that babies face when said mother screamed at her when all the child wanted was her mothers attention. It took everything to keep me from walking up to that woman and getting into her face and yelling at her. I sat there and bit my tongue for a hour to keep me from saying something..... Then a week ago at the laundrymat there was another young mother with 2 young children and she was outright ignoring her kids. The little girl tried getting her attention as she sat there on her cell phone and the mother wouldn't even acknowledge her, meanwhile the son was throwing a very small ball all over the place including at people and getting into stuff and yet the mother was ignoring what he was doing all because the Internet was more important? Seriously people really need to take a step back and see how this is going to affect there kids in the long run.....really sad! That's all I have to say about it!!! A lot of stuff about social media has really been irritating me that past few months...... Yea it's nice to be connected to family/relatives on there and cool to be able to reconnect with childhood friends or even long lost coworkers but people need to get a grip and remember the reality of life. Get off of the computers, cells and tablets and go spend time with your kids, spouses, family or friends ......Take a breather and enjoy life the way it was meant to be..... Looking at screens 24/7 is not the way life was meant to be!!!! End rant!!






No comments: