Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Dreams

Ever since I was in high school my true dream has always been to own my own business. I started going to college not once but 3 times and stupidity quit all 3 times. For almost 18 years I have been stuck working in auto factories. And it's taking a toll on my body! For the past 3-4 years I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what sort of business I want to start and that it has to be something that I will love and enjoy doing and how will I get it started.......
Both of my great grandma's was quilters. One was very talented at it. A couple of years ago I finally decided that I wanted to learn to quilt and sell what I make, but I had one problem....... I couldn't afford to buy a sewing machine. My dad gave me one a year and a half ago and I just made my first baby quilt. It's a gift for a friend whom had her first baby. I didn't use any pattern I made it by what I visioned in my head and it turned out so beautiful!! 
My dad told me over the weekend that both of my great grandma's sold quilts and other crafts that they would make. 
And I never knew that. So I guess I'm continuing there legacy of quilting and selling. Now I wonder if they had whispered in my ear and told me that this is what I should do and guided me while I made my very first quilt.
My plan is to specialize in baby quilts and his and her Camo quilts and also his and her John Deere quilts. I live in a county where life revolves around hunting, fishing, and farming along with anything and everything having to do with outdoors. People in this county love everything Camo, mossy oak and realtree so I know the quilts will sell easily! I plan on starting this journey after the new year when peoples wallets have settled down and recovered from the Christmas season. I just need to settle on a name for my business then I will be up and at em' sewing like a mad woman!
Hopefully this journey goes the way I want it to so that I can get out of the factory life. Wish me luck!

No comments: