Saturday, December 5, 2015

Baby oh baby

So my cousins oldest child is due with her third child here soon and I've been wracking my head on what to get her for a baby gift. And my mind was only drawing 100% complete blanks. When she was pregnant with both of her daughters I couldn't afford to buy baby gifts for both the girls but have been making up for that at CHRISTmas time the past few CHRISTmas's. After I finished the quilt I made for my friends baby it suddenly dawned on me...... That I have over 3 weeks to make another baby quilt. I will be traveling to spend time with them for CHRISTmas so I dragged my son with me to Hobby Lobby in search of the perfect fabric to make a baby quilt for a baby boy and I think I hit the jack pot not only cause of the fabric I found but cause Hobby Lobby was having a awesome sale. Got not only the fabric at 30% off but got the batting at 30% off also.....  I walked out of there a happy camper. Will be cutting the fabric up tonight and tomorrow then will get my creativity on. The baby quilt I made for my friends little one I had done in large blocks. The one I'm making for my soon to arrive baby cousin I'm going to be brave and make it in small blocks. Hopefully this one turns out just as awesome!! Here's a picture of the fabric that I'm working with.......
Enjoy the crisp cold day everyone! At only 28 degrees I'm already for summer to return.......

No comments: